Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pad Kra Pao

Recipe courtesy of one of my co-irkers.  I tweaked the recipe a bit based on what I had on hand in my fridge the other night.

1 lb chicken breast, sliced
6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, sliced
handful or two of fresh basil leaves

A few cups of mixed fresh veggies.  Original recipe called for green beans, which would be lovely in this.  I used:
1 red bell pepper
3-4 carrots, chopped
1-2 heads broccoli, chopped

1 T fish sauce (optional)
2 T soy sauce (I use Bragg's)
2-3 T oyster sauce
1-2 tsp. sugar (I use a few drops of stevia)

olive oil

Heat 1/2 cup or so olive oil in wok over high heat until it begins to smoke.  Add onion and garlic.  Fry briefly for a minute or two and add chicken.  When chicken begins to brown, add sauces.  Add veggies; stir fry until they reach desired tenderness.  Add a little water if sauce begins to stick.  When concoction has finished cooking, toss basil leaves in at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment