Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

 I have modified this recipe to better suit my dietary needs and my tastebuds.  I felt that it was too cheesy, so I doubled the spinach.  More fiber and nutrients!  More spinachy goodness!

1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise 
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I have also used sharp cheddar cheese.  Probably any aged, flavorful cheese works for this)
16-18 oz spinach, fresh or frozen (typically, it's 2 bags or 2 boxes.  I prefer fresh.)
14 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Cook the spinach in a small amount of water if fresh and toss the entire package into a dry saucepan  and cook until water has evaporated if frozen.   Add artichoke hearts and cream cheese, stirring until cheese has melted.  Add remaining ingredients, mix well.  Top with additional parmesan cheese if necessary.  Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish  and bake at 400 degrees until hot and bubbling and slightly browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment